To recruit band students, band parents and community members to physically and financially support the SHS Band Program.
The Statesboro High School Band Boosters was incorporated in 1986 as a support organization for the Statesboro High School band program. The purpose of the Statesboro High School Band Boosters is to support the band program in the following manner:
- To serve as the promotional/marketing organization for the Statesboro High School Band in the community;
- To promote the band program in a positive manner;
- Provide the funding over and above the budget provided by the Bulloch County School System; and
- To elevate the Statesboro High School Band to be recognized at the national level.
Specific goals include:
- Communicate invite, and inform stakeholders (band members, parents and community, School Board, upcoming potential band members) of upcoming opportunities to participate and support the band.
- Instill a sense of pride, ownership and following in all aspects of the Statesboro High School Band Booster/ band program relationship.
- Purchase and maintain uniforms, equipment and instruments as requested by the Band Director.
- Provide chaperones, volunteers and support services for the band program.
- Provide a support network that will promote a sense of family to help ensure student success and pride.
- Organize and implement fundraising activities to support the band program
- Advocate for and support music programs in public schools.
- Maintain the web site.