The best festival around is in full swing and better than ever! Statesboro High’s campus is a state-of-the-art facility complete with 2 gymnasiums, a Performing Arts Auditorium, and a football stadium to rival some college fields! Womack field is fully featured, with tons of restroom space, lots of seating for bands and spectators – best of all, your band will SOUND AMAZING!!! Womack Field has some of the best acoustics for marching bands – seating begins 10 feet above field level, and a tall press box gives the judges and videographer a perfect view or your performance.
We are very excited to continue a great tradition – the East Georgia Marching Band Championships is known across Georgia as one of the best run, most productive, and most rewarding shows in the state. This year we build upon that excellence. Our festival / contest experience offers:
- A professional panel of adjudicators who are experts in their field, giving you useful written and recoded feedback to improve your performance.
- Fair and Balanced judging with relevant measures of evaluation (quality over quantity).
- A comfortable environment for students to enjoy and learn from the competitive experience.
- State-of-the-art, top notch facilities to perform in.
- A community of dedicated volunteers who are committed to Marching Band as a sport and an art form.
- Vendors who love band as much as your students do – and want to help them have a great time!
- Great food – for you, your staff, and your students.
- Great bands, great music, and a great time!
- Lots of awards – including our traditional “biggest trophy around” for the Grand Champion.
Our contest is designed to accommodate bands of all sizes and any instrumentation. We’ve never been one of those shows that give the highest scores to the biggest bands. Our judges reward quality relative to the classification of the band. Band classifications are based on the published GMEA classifications.
We invite you to check out all of the information on our website. If you’re looking for a “superior” contest experience for you and your band – you’ll want to come to Statesboro. We hope to see you here on October 27th!!